City of Oxford, Ohio Incident Report

If this is an emergency, call 911.

Before You Begin

You cannot file a report online if:

  • This is an emergency. (Call 911)
  • You are reporting a theft or loss of prescription medication.
  • This is a Motor Vehicle Accident.
  • This incident occurred outside of the Oxford City limits.
  • There is suspect(s) information (suspect information includes name and address).
  • You are reporting a theft offense and the value of the stolen property is more than $1,000.
  • You are reporting a theft offense and the stolen property is a firearm (gun), license plates, a stolen motor vehicle, or hazardous material.
  • You are reporting property destruction and the damage is valued at more than $1,000.
  • There is evidence that indicates this is a hate crime or bias-related.

If you answered “Yes” to any of the above statements, you cannot file your report online; you must call Oxford Police at 513-523-4321 to speak with a call evaluator so that an officer can either take your complaint over the phone or respond to take a report.

Frequently Asked Questions

Question: What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
Answer: If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call 513-523-4321.

Question: What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?
Answer: No,This system may be used only to report offenses that occurred within the Oxford City limits.

Question: What is a known suspect?
Answer: A known suspect is when you know the full name and address of the person who committed the crime.

Upon Completion of an Online Report

  • You will see "Your online police report has been submitted".
  • You will be given a temporary police report case number.
  • You will be notified of any problems with your report once it has been viewed by Police Personnel.
  • All police reports filed online will be reviewed by Police Personnel before being accepted by the Oxford Division of Police.
  • Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.

Filing a false police report is a crime.


Call us at 513-524-5240